Online poker is faster and less intimidating than live games, with more variations available any time of the day or night. Right now there are more than 200 Internet poker rooms. The largest Internet poker room has over 50,000 people playing at the same time during peak playing hours.
But before you hit the tables, you must learn the basics, so here is a list of basics tips to start learning how to play online poker:
Pay attention: Watch who’s playing aggressively or in a loose way.Only go up against the tight players if you’ve got a strong hand.
Watch the chips: If someone has more chips than you, be careful
No match: Cards don’t match any of the community cards? Fold as soon as someone else bets.
Ace in the hand: An ace in your starting cards isn’t necessarily a winner.
Starting hands with potential: Before the flop, go ahead if you have pairs (7-7, 9-9), two face cards (K-Q, Q-J), or cards that could make either a straight or a flush (8-9, 6-7 of the same suit).
Bet strong: In no-limit Texas Hold’em, you can bet any amount, any time, so when you do have great cards, back them up with a strong bet.
Be a ‘bettor,’ not a ‘caller’: Remember, a lot of poker is psychological, so go out there and take control.
Be patient: Try not to act too quickly. Before you make a decision, think about how the betting has gone and what your opponent might have.
Online poker isn’t any different from the game you’re used to. All you have to do is download the free software, sign up for an account, put some money into the game, and you’re all set. From there, you can either play for free with virtual money or test your skills and wallet against other players.
Things that you will enjoy while playing Online poker:
- Online poker, you can play against people anywhere!
- You can play multiple tables at the same time.
- Online poker operates at approximately 4 to 5 times the pace of offline poker.
- In a live casino, players can initiate or call a bet verbally, and it’s binding. Online decisions are put into action with the buttons on your screen.
If you want to learn more about how to play poker, check the articles below:
- Playing Poker Online
- Poker Tips and Guidelines
- Basic Poker Terminology Defined
- Poker Table Presence
- How and When to Bet in Poker
- From Home Games to Poker Rooms
- 8 Poker Etiquette Rules
- Poker Hands, What Beats What
- How Texas Holdem is Played
- Poker tips and Guidelines
- How to Online Gambling